As children grow up and begin to recognize different tastes, it is only natural that they choose to eat only selected items in what they eat. This choice about food, often reduces the essential nutrients in their body, which is not noticed quickly. Children who are nutritionally deficient may also experience irritability, loss of appetite, headache or dizziness, muscle and bone weakness, frequent abdominal infections and many other symptoms if proper nutrition is not available. *
But, every parent wants only good for their child. As a result, such new ways are found for children to be given the right nutrition. In the initial years, the body needs a lot of nutrition. At this time, along with the immune system, physical, mental and emotional abilities also develop.
Why nutrition is important in the baby’s early yearsTheWhat your child eats in childhood has a direct effect on his health. What is included in the diet of a child before starting school i.e. from 2 to 5 years of age, it affects his whole life. Adequate and proper nutrition received at this age is very important for the development of the vital organs of the body – brain, bones, teeth and brain. They are most in need of iron, iodine, vitamin A and other nutrients. In the early years, using a plate adorned with good nutrients and a variety of diets helps to fulfill the most important elements in children.
From the very beginning, the most effective strategy is to motivate and make a habit of eating nutritious and healthy food. Because of this, you are able to protect them from lack of common nutrients like vitamin A, iron, zinc, calcium and vitamin D. Good habits formed at this age, prove to be helpful in keeping them fit throughout life. Due to a lack of nutrients in the body, millions of children suffer from problems such as late development such as late speaking, walking or other tasks, late learning and weak immune system.
After all who has a child–What important things should be gotThe
Children of 2 to 5 years of age need a nutritious diet full of vitamins, minerals, carbohydrates, proteins and fats. Children who get these five essential things during childhood, their health is better than other children and later the risk of serious diseases is also less.
Now wait for a moment and think if you can say with certainty that these five essential nutrients are getting in sufficient quantity to the child from your food?
- Grains such as rice, wheat, ragi, roti.
- Fresh fruit.
- Vegetables that include green leafy vegetables in particular.
- Protein-rich foods such as eggs, seafood, poultry products, beans and meat.
- Dairy products like milk, cheese and yogurt.
Like other parents, you too can be surprised that doing all this on a busy day is a very difficult task. If your child cannot sit calmly, and likes to play while eating or he does not even touch green leafy vegetables, then it is definitely a bit difficult to do all this.
Give healthy food a fun name so that the child is attracted to eat it.
When your child refuses to eat healthyThe
When children refuse to eat food rich in nutrients, you still need a solution that can give them all the nutrients daily.
There are some easy ways to do this:
- Give them some options to eat healthy, whatever they choose from it will be good for them.
- Become a good role model for children and start eating healthy food first, so that they can learn by watching you.
- Give healthy food a fun name so that the child is attracted to eat it. For example, pea soup with magical power, chopped potatoes, cracked fruity milkshakes. Children love funny stories and unique names.
- Let them make some easy, healthy dishes themselves. Children like to play as chefs.
- Instead of junk food, keep a stock of healthy snacks at home, so that children eat only good.
- Include the nutrient-rich cereal in the most important meal of the day i.e. breakfast. This can significantly improve the lack of daily nutrition in the diet of young children. Also, any kind of minor shortcomings can be met.
It is now possible to strike a balance between your child’s health and taste. Just add Nestlé’s Ceregrow to the current diet. It does not use any preservatives and additional flavors. It is a delicious breakfast option for children between 2 and 5 years of age. Every bowl of ceregrow is full of iron, vitamins A, C and D, calcium and protein. Your children can get this nutritionally rich food with benefits of grains, milk and fruits anywhere, anytime.
To read more about Nestlé Ceregrow Here Click; Delicious and healthy breakfast for your sweet baby.
RDA 4-6 yr children as per ICMR 2010
This is a partnership post.