1. Reduce your salt intake. Avoid eating sandwiches, pizza, bread, canned food and poultry products.
2. Do not forget to include protein in your diet. And make sure to not consume more than 15-20 grams of carbohydrates in your snacks. Replace your meetha with fruits and salty snacks like chips with whole-grain bars.
3. Include a lot of vegetables, fruits and whole grains in your daily diet. Try to eat high fibre carbs instead of simple carbs.
4. Do not consume full-fat dairy, choose plant-based options like olive oil and nuts. Eat fish instead of red meat.
5. Include vitamins, minerals and other nutrients in your diet. Consume nuts, beans, olive oil, whole grains and lean protein.
Here is all what you can eat on a 1200 calorie diet